The Guatemala limited liability company (Sociedad de responsabilidad limitada)
- The minimum requirement for the incorporation of Guatemala limited liability company is;
- 2 shareholders with a minimum capital of USD 260 (GTQ2,000)in the paid up capital of the company, and
- 1 director.
The shareholders and the directors may be local or foreign resident. This entity type has an obligation to appoint a locally resident legal representative, if none of the directors is ordinarily resident. If needed, we can help our clients to appoint a professional passive legal representative.
- A yearly audited financial reports shall be submitted by all LLCs. A corporate tax of 25 percent shall be payable by all the LLCs and these entities shall be subjected to registration with the Local Tax administration and the Social Security Authority, after commencing its operational activities.
The Guatemala public limited company (Sociedad Anonima)
- A Guatemala PLC is preferably set up by our customers who are intending for raising capital through issuing of shares to general public in Guatemala. It has a minimum requirement of paid-up capital of USD 650 (GTQ 5,000) for the purpose of incorporation. This entity shall also appoint a legal auditor and it shall create yearly financial report and submit it to the Register of Commercial entities.
The Guatemala branch (Sucursal)
- For registration of a branch office in Guatemala, a guarantee of bond worth USD 50,000 shall be issued by the foreign company to guarantee the operations of the branch office. The branch office shall;
- Own a registered office in Guatemala, and
- Appoint an attorney as an agent who shall have power of attorney of the branch on behalf of the holding company.
The Guatemala representative office (Oficina de representacion)
- A representative office may be wholly owned by a foreign entity and shall not be permitted to be involved in sales in Jamaica. The office can only conduct activities related to;
- Market survey and research, and
- Marketing and promotion of the holding company’s business.