Ethiopia Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- The LLC requires at least one director and two shareholders who can be individuals or legal entities. The director and shareholder can be of any nationality and may not reside outside Ethiopia. The minimum share capital required is USD 200,000 to complete the incorporation process.
- If the LLC has more than twenty shareholders, three auditors must be appointed. The name of the entity must include the phrase “Private Limited Company”.
Ethiopia Public Limited Company (SC)
- A PLC must have at least five shareholders and three directors who may be individuals or corporate entities. Directors and shareholders can be of any nationality. A PLC requires a capital investment of USD 200,000 at the time of incorporation.
- The PLC must appoint at least one auditor who may be either an individual or a legal entity.
- Before starting operations in Ethiopia, the branch office must seek the approval of the local administration. At least one director of any nationality must be appointed as the legal representative.
Ethiopia Liaison Office
- This entity must obtain approval from the local administration prior to its establishment. The Ethiopian representative office is not allowed to conduct direct commercial activities in Ethiopia. The Liaison Office must appoint at least one director to represent the company. This entity can engage in promotional activities for the marketing of products and services for the parent company.