Congo Limited Liability Company (SARL)
- It requires at least one director, who is resident in Congo for a period of at least two years, and one shareholder who can be of any nationality. The shareholder can be a person or a legal entity. It is required to invest a minimum of USD 1,100 to complete the process of incorporation.
- The LLC is required to appoint a statutory auditor if it has a share capital of more than US$ 110,000, an annual turnover of more than US$ 275,000 or more than 50 staff members.
Congo Public Limited Company (SA)
- A PLC is recommended for clients interested in raising capital by issuing equity. This entity requires at least one director, who is resident in Congo for a period of at least two years, and one shareholder, who can be a person or corporate.
- This corporate structure requires a minimum share capital of USD 11,000 and the appointment of a statutory auditor at the time of incorporation.
- The branch office in Congo is not considered to be an independent legal entity and therefore its operations are defined and controlled by its parent company. The branch should appoint at least one director, who can be of any nationality.
Congo Representative Office
- This entity is not allowed to engage in direct commercial activities. However, it is allowed to conduct market surveys / research and promote the activities of the parent company.