Jersey Offshore Company (Private Limited Company)
- Jersey limited companies require at least one shareholder, one director and one company secretary. The shareholder and director can be of any nationality, the company secretary must be a resident of Jersey only. Also, the minimum capital required is 1 Euro.
- A PLC in Jersey is not subject to pay corporate tax unless they provide utility and financial services.
Jersey Public Limited Company (Limited Company)
- In order to be a public limited company in Jersey the local administration must assert that the entity is a PLC. Two shareholders must be appointed. Audited financial statements must be filled annually. A private limited company can apply to the local administration to be converted to public limited company and vice versa.
- When starting the incorporation process, it is required to make an application to issue shares. In addition, if securities are offered to the public, a prospectus must be filed with the local administration.
- These companies can engage in activities such as administration of the real estate, international trading of goods & services, financing and investments.
Jersey LLP (Limited Liability Partnership)
- Limited Liability Partnerships are formed by a minimum of 2 persons. According to Jersey regulations, ‘limited partners’ are only liable to the extent of their contribution to the partnership.
- A Jersey LLP is a great alternative to an LLC registration especially for those, who are planning to offer professional services like legal services or accounting in the country.
Jersey Branch Office
- Foreign companies, who are looking forward to expand in Jersey can open a branch office. A Branch is not considered to be a separate legal entity and the parent company will be subject to unlimited liability.
- The branch office must appoint a residential legal representative. Also, it does not require any amount of capital.
- It is an attractive option to provide insurance, financial and banking services with minimum taxation and compliance requirements.
Jersey Representative Office
- A representative office is not allowed to pursue any productive or commercial activities in the local market.
- Representative offices are authorized to perform activities related to research and marketing for the parent company.
Jersey Offshore Trust
- Under Jersey law, foreign companies can sign a trust agreement to transfer assets to a local trustee. Jersey is an attractive location because local Jersey Trust laws are very protective in terms of the rights of foreign beneficiaries.
- In addition, no public registrar is required for the trust agreement. Although the trustee is required to submit an annual filling of the assets under the agreement..
- This business entity is best to protect assets and plan inheritance matters in a tax efficient way.
- This can be registered by a founder, who is further required to appoint a management council and a guardian. The management council must be comprised of one Jersey resident who must be registered as a financial service provider. Whereas the guardian can reside in Jersey or abroad.
- A foundation can trade under its own name and need not to have beneficiaries. This restricts the management of the foundation to access information on the assets.
- A Jersey foundation is best suited for wealth management as it reduces the personal and corporate tax of high net worth.