Taiwan Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Taiwan Limited Liability Company can be registered with only one director and a shareholder of any nationality. Minimum paid-up capital is not required, but it recommends a minimum of US$ 3,300 to increase the likelihood of local authorities approval.
- Before approving the opening of a capital account, banks require foreign directors and signatories to travel.
Taiwan Limited Partnership (LP)
- This entity can be registered with a minimum of two partners, out of which one is a general partner, who will be liable for any debt or tax. The general partner must be a resident of Taiwan. Limited partnerships can not hire foreigners in Taiwan.
- This is a tax transparent entity and is not subject to corporate income tax. But has file financial statements and personal income tax return of all the partners.
Taiwan Free Zone Company
- International clients interested in registering export-oriented companies can register a subsidiary in a special economic zone (SEZ). The company has to submit a business plan to the SEZ authority.
- Although no minimum investment is required. We recommend our clients to allocate a minimum paid up capital of US$200,000.
Taiwan Branch Office
- Foreign companies can establish a branch office in Taiwan in order to conduct business. This entity needs to appoint a local branch manager / agent. Although these appointments are not necessary during the set up of the LLC.
Taiwan Representative Office
- The entity is allowed to conduct market research and promotion activities for the holding company and requires the appointment of a resident as a manager. It is not allowed to carry out any direct commercial activities