Mali limited liability company (SARL)
- An LLC in Mali can be established by a one or more individual person or a legal entity, who can be of any nationality. A minimum capital of USD 11,000 is required for the establishment of an LLC in Mali.
- At least one person is required to manage the company, which must be named in the articles of the company or appointed by the shareholders.
Mali Public Limited Company (SA)
- The Malian Public Limited Company needs to have at least a share capital of USD 22,000 to complete the incorporation process. Similarly, this company is managed by one individual who is hired as a Director General or a Board of Directors with a minimum of 3 members. There is no limitation on the residency or the nationality of the appointed directors.
- We suggest customers to opt for a PLC in Mali rather than a LLC in order to gain a marketing advantage. There is no need to register this company on the local stock market because there is no such requirement in Malian law.
- A branch office in Mali can be fully owned by its foreign investors. The scope of the Mali’s branch activities must be defined by its holding company. Similarly, this branch office must have a Mali business account and a management team.
Representative office (bureau de liaison)
- The international business representative office must not be involved in direct sales in Mali. Therefore, the branch office can only be involved in market research and promoting the business activities of the holding company.