Togo Limited Liability Company (SARL)
- The SARL is the corporate entity used to set up small and medium-sized enterprises. Entrepreneurs registering an LLC are required to submit names of at least one director and one shareholder who may not be a resident of Togo and of any other nationality. The registered shareholder can be a individual or a corporate body. The entity must have a minimum share capital of USD 1,800 for incorporation in the Republic of Togo.
- The SARL would appoint an auditor for statutory purposes if the entity’s share capital exceeds USD 1180,000, the entity’s annual turnover exceeds USD 450,000, the entity has a number of staff above 50.
Togo Public Limited Company (SA)
- The Togolese SA is a corporate entity that helps entrepreneurs develop companies with larger investment in Togo. For registration, it needs at least three directors and one shareholder who can be either be a person or a corporate entity. It also requires a share capital of at least USD 18,200 to establish a business.
- The Togolese SA is required by law to seek the services of a notary public and appoint for the company a statutory auditor.
- The Togolese Business Law allows the establishment of branch offices by foreign legal entities seeking to do business in Togo. A Togo branch office is not considered a separate legal entity, therefore its operations in Togo are defined and regulated by the parent company. The branch must appoint at least one director of any nationality to represent the business in Togo. This entity is only allowed to operate on a two-year, renewable, period in Togo.
Togolese representative office
- Foreign companies are also permitted to set up a permanent establishment in the form of a representative office in Togo but are not allowed to participate in business activities. A representative office is only permitted to carry on operations in Togo for renewable 2-year periods. A Togolese representative office is only legally allowed to perform market studies and promote the parent company’s operations, but not to do other business in Togo.