Mauritania Limited Liability Company (SARL)
- Locally known as SARL, the limited liability company (LLC) in Mauritania, must appoint a minimum of one director and one shareholder who may be a local or international resident. Its paid-up capital must be at least USD 3,500 to complete the incorporation process.
- LLCs in Mauritania are required to appoint one legal auditor and are required to file annually audited financial statements.
Mauritania Public Limited Company (Société anonyme – SA)
- In Mauritania, this business entity is named SA. It has a requirement of at least USD 17,000 to complete the registration process. Similarly, it is necessary to appoint a minimum of one shareholder and one director, who may be a local or international citizen.
- The PLC shall maintain its accounting books in French at the entity’s registered office. It is necessary to fill an annual financial statement and conduct an annual audit to the entity’s accounts. The PLC must appoint an approved legal auditor for this purpose.
Mauritania Branch (Succursale)
- International clients have the option to set up a branch office of a parent company. The scope of activities of this branch office must be defined by the holding company. Similarly, the branch must have a listed office in this country and must appoint a local residing agent. All notices must be communicated to the branch office representative.