The Haitian limited liability company (SA)
- Foreign corporate entities preferable opt to establish themselves in Haiti through the Haitian SA. The requirements for establishing an SA is minimum three directors for incorporation. At least one of the shareholders shall be a local Haitian national as per the Commercial laws of Haiti. There is a minimum requirement for one director and three shareholders who do not necessarily need to be Haiti’s local resident. It is required at least a minimum paid-up capital of USD 500 (HTG 25,000) for incorporation of an SA in Haiti.
- According to the commercial laws of Haiti the public limited company shall appoint a lawyer for the process of incorporation.
The Haiti branch (succursale)
- The foreign corporate entities intending to start their corporate activities in Haiti may incorporate a branch in Haiti under the commercial laws of Haiti. The holding company controls and defines the scope of the operations of its branch office in Haiti. For the completion of the incorporation process, the branch office in Haiti shall appoint a lawyer under the rules and regulations of Haiti.
The Haiti representative office (bureau de representation)
- The international organizations may establish a rep office in Haiti for the following purposes;
- Market survey or research, and
- Promoting and marketing the products and services of the holding company.
The representative office shall be treated as a distinct corporate entity and should not be involved in any sale and purchase activities in Haiti.