Wholly Foreign Owned Company
- A business in Egypt can be 100% foreign owned for specific industries such as real estate, mining, maritime transport, tourism, production of electronics and software.
Limited liability Company
- The LLC can engage in any commercial or industrial activity. It is required to appoint at least two shareholders and one manager, who must be an Egyptian national. No minimum share capital is required for a limited liability company. It is recommended to invest a minimum paid-up share capital of USD 1,000 for a smooth incorporation process.
Joint stock company
- A JSC requires at least three shareholders and a capital investment of USD 36,000 for a closed company and USD 2,900,000 for a publicly listed company. Upon completion of the business setup process, A JSC is required to file audited annual financial statements.
Foreign branch office
- Foreign companies planning to start a business in Egypt can choose to set up a branch office, provided the company has secured a contract with an appropriate party in Egypt. The branch is allowed for commercial, financial, and industrial activities as a part of the contract. The audited financial statements are required to be filed annually. Only 10% of its total employees must be foreign employees.
- The representative office can be 100% foreign-owned and can not be involved in any direct sales within Egypt. It can only engage in activities related to Market Surveys / Research and Promotion of the parent company.