Croatia limited liability company (d.o.o)
- LLCs are required to have one shareholder and one director both of them can be of any nationality and don’t have to be Croatian residents. The minimum capital requirement for the formation is HRK20,000 (€ 2,500). Financial statements must be filled at the end of the financial year.
Croatia joint stock company (d.d.)
- This business entity can be formed in Croatia with at least one shareholder. The nationality of the shareholder doesn’t matter.
- Croatian Joint Stock Companies require a share capital of € 25,000 (HRK200,000) to be paid at the time of incorporation. It is also needed to appoint a board of directors with a minimum of three members. They don’t have to be a resident of Croatia and can be of any nationality.
- Croatia does not place any restrictions on joint stock companies for the transfer of shares. These entities can be listed on the Zagreb Stock Exchange, Euronext, and Vienna Stock Exchange.
- Joint stock companies enables our clients to raise capital in Europe to finance different business expansions. The joint stock companies have to maintain a balance sheet and their financial statements have to be audited. These financial statements must be submitted on a quarterly basis.
Croatia branch office (also called as p.o.)
- Foreign entities can carry out commercial activities in Croatia through a branch office. Our clients should note that under such a structure, in the event of losses, all liability falls on the parent company.
- The Croatian branch offices must also appoint a representative. This representative does not have to be a Croatian resident. Also, the financial statements of these entities have to be submitted quarterly.
Croatia representative office (also called p.o.)
- Representative offices in Croatia are a great alternative to branch offices. These entities are 100% owned by a foreign entity. A representative office can not carry out any direct revenue generating commercial activity.
- The representative office is allowed to carry out promotional activities for the parent company and conduct market research and liaison activities.