WashingtonRise Logo

LLC Free Zone Company Holding Company PLC Branch Office Rep Office
Local Name SARL Entreprise de Zone Franche Société d'investissements SA Succursale Bureau de Liaison
Company Setup Time 4 weeks 5 weeks 5 weeks 5 weeks 6 weeks 6 weeks
Bank Account Opening 15 days 15 days 15 days 15 days 15 days 15 days
Government Grants Available Yes Yes Yes Yes No No
Government Contracts Bidding Yes Yes Yes Yes No No
Legal Liability Yes Yes Yes Yes No No
Client Required to Travel No No No No No No
Inquiry Inquiry Inquiry Inquiry Inquiry Inquiry

Corporate Structure Explained

Morocco limited liability company (SARL)

  • The company must have at least two shareholders and one director who can be a local or international resident and who can be a business entity or individual. The shareholders and the director don’t need to be local residents.
  • It is advisable to have a minimum share capital of US$ 1000. During the incorporation process, 25 percent of this amount must be deposited.

Morocco public limited company (SA)

  • This company must have five shareholders and three managers who may be individuals or business entities. Both shareholders and directors can be local or foreign residents. A PLC needs a capital of at least USD 30,000 and 25 percent of that amount needs to be deposited during the incorporation process. The remaining 75 percent must be paid within the next three years of its operations.
  • If the client intends to list this entity on the Casablanca Stock Exchange, the minimum capital required is USD 300,000

Morocco branch (succursale)

  • The branch is not treated as a distinct legitimate entity and obeys to the rules and regulations of Morocco and the country of origin. The branch must appoint a minimum of one manager to represent the entity in Morocco who may be a local or foreign resident. This setup don’t requires a minimum share capital.
  • The articles of association of the holding company and all the relevant documents must be translated to French. The annual accounts of the branch must also be translated into French.

Morocco liaison office (bureau de liaison)

  • Morocco’s Commercial Law allows foreign businesses to establish a local presence in the form of a Moroccan liaison office. The liaison office is allowed to conduct market research, collect data and promote its holding company.

Fast Incorporations