Brunei International Limited Partnership (Brunei ILP)
- An ILP consists of general partners, where at least one must be a licensed company. All limited partners can be foreigners. The approval of the general partners is required for all business activities of the partnership.
Brunei Limited Liability Company (SDN BHD)
- This entity requires a minimum share capital of USD 1 and a minimum of two corporate shareholders who may be national and resident in any country.
- Half of the company’s directors must be either Brunei or Bruneians residents.
- All LLCs must submit their audited annual financial statements to the local administration.
Brunei Free Zone Company
- Foreigners can register their business in a free trade zone. These companies benefit from holiday taxes of up to 15 years.
Brunei Public Limited Company (BHD)
- At least US$ 1 in share capital is required for the public limited company. All of its shareholders and half of its directors must be Bruneians or Brunei permanent residents.
- Its required to submit audited financial statements annually to local authorities
- One company secretary residing in the country and one registered office in Brunei are required. The range of operations is defined by the parent company. The branch offices are subject to the standard tax and must submit financial statements on an annual basis.
- Foreign companies are subject to unlimited liability for losses and debts incurred by the branch in Brunei.
Brunei Representative Office
- This business entity can not be distinguished from a branch office.