British Limited Liability Company
- A minimum of one director and one shareholder are required. A minimum share capital of £ 1 is also required. The UK LLC is subject to corporate income tax at a standard rate of 19 per cent. The filing of financial statements is also required.
British Public Limited Company
- It is required a minimum capital of £ 50,000, two shareholders and two directors, both shareholders and directors can be UK non residents. A secretary with proper qualifications is also needed.
- Before doing business in the country, all PLCs are required to apply for a commercial certificate.
British Company Limited by Guarantee
- Members ‘ liabilities are limited to the amount that each member pays to the assets of the company. There is no share capital for companies that are limited by a guarantee.
- Companies are required to have at least one member and one director from any non-resident nationality.
- Limited companies by guarantee are suitable for the establishment of a non-profit company.
Limited Liability Partnership
- Limited liability partnerships must have at least two members who can be corporate members and one manager.
- UK LLP members have limited liability for the partnership’s debts or losses.
- During registration, an LLP must provide the responsibilities of the members, an agreement on the distribution of earnings, the entry and existing policies, the decision-making authority.
- The LLP must submit an annual tax return to the local administration.
- All partners must pay national insurance, pay income tax on their share of profits, and submit an annual tax return.
British Branch Office
- A branch requires a resident manager and a registered address in the UK. Minimum paid-up capital is not required.
- A business office has a corporate tax of 19 percent. The UK does not charge additional fees on branch transfers to the parent company.
British Representative Office
- The representative company can only promote the business of the Parent company and do market research, they can not make direct sales in the country. A resident representative is required.