Kenya Private Limited Company
- A PLC must have at least one director and one shareholder who may be of any nationality and reside outside Kenya.
- There is no requirement for a minimum share capital. Once the company is established, it is necessary to file audited financial statements.
Kenya Limited Liability Partnership
- An LLP can be incorporated with only two partners, either individual or corporate. A minimum share capital of USD 2 is required and one manager must be legally allowed to work in Kenya.
- The partners of an LLP can be limited partners in order to be protected against the losses of the partnership.
- An LLP is tax-transparent and is not subject to corporate income tax. All income channeled through the partnership is directly taxed at the individual level and must be included in the personal or corporate income tax filings.
Kenya Public Limited Company
- This entity requires at least seven shareholders and two directors. The audited financial statements must be filed after the establishment of the company.
- A PLC structure is mostly preferred by clients who want to list their company on the Nairobi Stock Exchange.
Kenya Branch Office
- A branch office in Kenya is allowed to invoice local customers, sign local sales contracts and receive revenue from their customers.
- The entity is required to appoint a representative who is a resident of Kenya.
Kenya EPZ company
- Entities looking to establish an export-oriented company can opt for an LLC in a Export Processing Zone (EPZ).
- An LLC that wish to obtain an EPZ status must get approved by the local administration.