The Costa Rica limited liability company (Sociedad de responsibilidad limitada)
- For incorporating an LLC in Costa Rica, our customers have to appoint;
- 1 director, and
- 2 shareholders, all of them can be national or international citizens.
For the registration of Costa Rica limited liability Company the paid up capital shall be at least USD 1. A sum total of 25 % decided by our customers shall be paid on the entity’s bank account.
- There shall be a listed office of Costa Rica LLC and shall keep legal and bookkeeping archives in Spanish at the listed address of the LLC. If the entity has no resident director, a listed representative shall be appointed. If needed, we may deliver our customers with professional nominee facilities for such duties;
- All the Costa Rican companies are liable to pay tax on the income generated from this country. The Costa Rican entities shall submit their yearly financial statements with the General Directorate of Taxation in Costa Rica. Anyhow, the audit of these accounts is not needed.
The Costa Rica corporation (Sociedad anonima)
- This Corporation (locally famous as an SA) shall appoint at least 3 directors who shall be individual persons. This entity shall also appoint 2 shareholders. The required minimum paid-up capital for the incorporation of the entity is USD 1.
- The Costa Rica SA shall appoint a minimum of one local rep agent (who ought to be an attorney but shall not be one of the directors) to be assigned with management powers and legally authorized to represent the entity. Practically, the managing director of the corporation shall be from the directors and the remaining 2 directors shall conduct their responsibilities as secretary and treasurer.
The Costa Rica branch (Sucursal)
- International companies can setup branch in Costa Rica by appointing an agent with a common power of attorney for the activities and transactions of the branch. A Costa Rica branch can do business activities following the scope specified by the holding company. Anyhow, it may invoice local clients, sign local sale contracts and can generate income from its clients.
The Costa Rica representative office (Oficina de representacion)
- The Costa Rica rep office may be full owned by foreign entity. It is not permitted to involve in direct sales in Costa Rica. Accordingly, this entity may only involve in;
- Market research,
- Promotion and marketing of the commercial activities of the holding company.